REBIRTH---Placenta Included

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  ---Chat  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Something to make chicken breast more interesting

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
richy_dong

richy_dong

Something to make chicken breast more interesting  Empty
PostSubject: Something to make chicken breast more interesting    Something to make chicken breast more interesting  Icon_minitimeFri Jul 18, 2014 5:25 pm

Hi Guido. 
To me chicken is fucking boring and bland. Got a good deal today from the butchers on some chicken breasts. I've frozen most of it, but got a couple of breasts in the fridge i'm going to cook on the bbq at some point tomorrow. 
I like spicy shit if that helps. Can you think of anything I could do with them mate. Oh and i'm not too fond of cheese, especially with chicken.

Peace bro
Rich

edit: I think the only thing i've done interesting with chicken was making a chicken kiev, but even that fucked up as the garlic butter escaped during cooking
Back to top Go down
guido
That AssHole
guido

Humor : NO Thanx..unless you're offering.

Something to make chicken breast more interesting  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Something to make chicken breast more interesting    Something to make chicken breast more interesting  Icon_minitimeSat Jul 19, 2014 10:07 am

First, skin, & bone the breasts.

Next, I like to brine chicken especially if I'm going to grill it.

You can find a good brine recipe online... Since you like it spicier, I suggest adding either crushed pepper flakes, or pepper paste to the brine. Be careful though, a good rule of thumb, when spicing up a brine, is to use about half as much spice as you would in a dry rub.

I keep this seasoning mix on hand, I'll give you the quantities just remember you WILL have left over mix after you make your chicken.

2 cups each:

Basil, Oregano, Thyme, Parsley.

1/3rd cup each:

Salt, Cracked Pepper, Crushed red pepper, cumin, garlic powder, onion powder.

1/4 cup cinnamon

2 Table spoons nutmeg.

Mix all together

I like to make a Bleu Cheese Beurre Blanc sauce to go with this, so, here's a link to a basic sauce recipe...at the very end, add like a half cup of crumbled Bleu Cheese:

Beurre Blanc Recipe

Next, melt about a half pound of BUTTER, gotta be butter... let it cool to room temperature.

Coat the chicken with the butter.

Cover the bottom of a plate, or pour a good amount of the seasoning mix into a large bowl, and after coating the chicken in the butter, toss the chicken well in the seasoning mix to thoroughly coat the chicken.

Next, on a HOT grill, place the chicken Skin side down, and cook for about 2 minutes. Turn, and cook an additional 1.5-2 minutes, or until you get an internal temp of 170degF.

Serve with a rice mix, pasta, or a mash, with whatever is in season around you, grilled veg.

Top with some of the Bleu Cheese Cream Sauce.

Enjoy.
Back to top Go down

Something to make chicken breast more interesting

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1